Sunday, January 1, 2012

welcome

  Hi there. Welcome to my newest blog, Stream of Caitlinness (kinda clever, huh?). On this first day of 2012, I'd like to A) wish everyone a Happy New Year and B) announce that maintaining this blog happens to be my New Year's resolution. Considering my past record of abandoning half-written blogs, I'm not sure how well I'll do with this. But hey, it's worth a try. Especially since I've decided to make this particular blog my most personal one yet. That means that instead of trying to stick to one overly specific topic, I'll focus on whatever comes to mind when I sit down to write. And trust me, my mind is a very random and scary and interesting place. Of course, this stream of consciousness idea won't be completely without direction.


  One thing I'd really like to explore and open up about is my disability. I've never been one hundred percent comfortable discussing it in a public setting (mostly out of the fear that I'll be judged). But I'm 20 now, and I think it's about time I get over my insecurities and start to live my life on my own terms. For anyone who doesn't know, I'm a one-armed girl. I was born without a left forearm, though I'm quick to point out that it doesn't really limit me in all the ways you would think. I get along just fine. Of course, I'm not saying that it's always an easy thing to deal with. I don't think I need to mention that I'm just a normal girl and have my share of insecurities. But my half-arm is a part of me, and I want to be able to embrace that. Hence, this blog has come into existence.


  So there you have it. If you're reading this, thanks for embarking on this challenging journey with me.


Happy blogging!
Caitlin 



No comments:

Post a Comment