Saturday, March 24, 2012

happy birthday to this guy right here


  On this lovely day, my wonderful boyfriend Chris turns 23. Yep, 23. He's getting to be an old man! (Okay, I'm being hyperbolic.) Anyway, the handsome man you see here happens to be the most amazing human being I've ever met. He's sweet, funny, smart, loving, and a zillion other great qualities that cannot be confined to a short and simple blog post. To sum it up, he's my Prince Charming. I've never been one to believe in fairytale romance, but this is the real thing. Chris just gets me. He loves me on my good days and my bad days (and trust me - you don't want to see me on a bad day.) He's seen me go from deliriously happy to angry to sad to practically insane, often all within the span of an hour. He appreciates my strangeness, my nerdiness, and even my moodiness. 

Being silly


  And in case you were wondering, he has been absolutely 100 percent supportive about my arm. He's the one who's given me the courage to stop wearing my prosthetic all the time, telling me that he finds me prettier when I'm comfortable. And you know what? He's made me believe it too. I do feel a lot happier and more confident without it. I look like myself. And according to Chris, that's a pretty good thing.

  So yes, I really hit the jackpot in terms of finding my other half. And now, I get to celebrate another year of his life, another beautiful year we're together. I'm off to go eat some yummy cake now, but I'll leave you here with a quote by an author I really admire (because if anyone knows anything about love, it's him):





Peace,
Caitlin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment